- Wendy Williams
Common Application Update For The Class of 2015
It is with great excitement that I send you this important update from the Common Application organization and its members. As you may know, the Common Application has over 500 members. This simply means that over 500 colleges and universities accept this one application which can help the applicant when applying to multiple colleges! The application from last year was a success and members have decided to keep the same prompts! YES!! Therefore, as a prospective applicant for the Class of 2015, you can take this time now to begin working on your essays regardless if you have your college list!
To read more about the Common Application update, click here.
Please take this time to read through the essay prompts below and come up with some ideas that you feel are a good fit to write about for your answer. Here are the prompts:
1. Some students have a background or story that is so central to their identity that they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn?
3. Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
4. Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?
5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.